Thursday, November 14, 2019

Is Google Making Us Stupid?

Nicholas Carr, the author of "Is Google Making Us Stupid?", planted this question in my head; I was unmoved and obstinate at first. "Oh great," I thought. "Another old geezer whining about technology and forcing their view on the world." However, Carr struck some points that hit close to home about struggling to immerse myself in long texts, despite previously being able to do so in earlier youth. I always wondered what happened to me, perhaps this was the cause! In elementary, I was the "gifted" student, the creme of the crop, the nerd that would rather read twelth grade level work than play. Now, it takes me begging myself to read a single chapter of a book. Carr's statements, as well as counterclaims regarding the belief that the internet promotes productive minds, was incredibly insightful and prompted me to rethink my reading strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment