Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Reading to Write

I enjoyed the first few minutes of class; I say that because there was a celebration for honour roll children, and I took the opportunity to skedaddle as soon as 11th graders were called. Hooray for me! Anywho, the class went over the book 50 Essays, where I read an essay by Stephen King. Truly an iconic writer! I did not get to read the entire essay, but the gist of it involved the art of reading to improve writing. As the man more or less stated, it is difficult to write an impressive work without first reading an impressive work, and vice versa with avoiding bad prose. It was informative with a bit of humour, my favourite way to receive info. Now time to eat some generic pizza as my reward at this celebration. Hooray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment