Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Connection To The Roots

Today's endeavor was definitely unexpected as the class veered from the subject of discussion since last week to analyzing poetry by Langston Hughes. I was able to read "The Negro Speaks of Rivers", and I admired the use of first person to encapsulate the entirety of the black race. Reading the lines, I felt as though I transversed through history on a raft amongst the rivers, smoothly traveling with time! There was a reason behind reading this poem, to learn about ethnicity, nationality, and race. I, unfortunately, have little clue of my true roots other than assuming I am of African descent, and I had little idea of ethnicity as a whole. It is something I wish to look into more, so I will not contaminate anyone with my naivety.

Do not mind this, this is an assignment I did today, just trying to get credit for it. Carry on~

No comments:

Post a Comment