Thursday, September 12, 2019

Wild Critical Thinking

With chapter one of Wild more or less done in class, today a good half of the agenda was filled with students asking their three critical questions they were assigned to think of for homework. It was mildly fun, I could say! One of my questions asked why Cheryl was so defensive of her mother's condition, and it was neat having my peers answer. After the questions, I was able briefly go into chapter two with the class, jumping through paragraphs and pointing out certain key things. The title of the second chapter is "Splitting" and within it Cheryl stated she was splitting in two. Reading about a woman having multiple affairs with my morals in place is... somewhat disturbing to say the least, but I greatly enjoy the text nonetheless! It is unadulterated, it is almost raunchy, each sentence is almost like a slap to the face when you think things cannot get any worse. Oh boy, I wonder what the next chapters will hold. Besides heroin.

No comments:

Post a Comment