Monday, September 9, 2019

Wild... bears

Today Friday, the class did an assignment listening ten things that are crucial to a hike -- particularly a thru-hike, which is a hike lasting for days, weeks, or months. One of my choices was a knowledge of one's limits, which I think is crucial to prevent easily avoidable death. After discussing everyone's choices, we went on the track of describing bears, how dangerous they are, and what to do if we encountered one. I sure hope grizzlies do not enjoy a chicken bone like myself. Afterwards, we watched different videos, one on Nat Geo Wild showing how strong one grizzly was against a metal cage. The bear's name was Bruno, and I love him. Next, we watched a movie scene of a man being brutally mauled by a bear (that was painful to watch), and lastly we watched a Go Pro biker be chased by a bear. Ooh, that had me on the edge of my seat! The entire ordeal was meant as an introduction to the book I will be reading, Wild by Cheryl Strayed. That was a nice, and scary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment