Thursday, January 9, 2020

Fallacies Can Break My Knees

Yesterday, I learned about fallacies, techniques that can hamper an effective argument. Some of the definitions felt spot on to certain methods I and many others unconsciously use in daily speech, so it was rather interesting to hear about! Today, the class split into groups to make a skit that had one of the fallacies in it somehow. As fun as it was to watch everyone make a fool of themselves, I included, it did not really help me understand how to pinpoint specific fallacies any better; the skits were inane and ridiculous, so I could not figure out specifically what each group did without having choices provided. It was just a luck of the draw that I was able to guess which one was used, that plus eliminating choices I actually knew was not the answer. I really hope we have more activities with fallacies to understand them as well as have more fun with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment