Friday, January 10, 2020

The Fallacies Have Broken My Knees!

Lies and poor choices continued today as the class read more about fallacies in my favourite informative book, Thank you for arguing (by Jay Heinrichs). I like the way the author includes the reader in the text using tasteful and humorous informal writing. Some new fallacies were introduced to me today, such as appealing to absurdity and the unit fallacy, and it amazes me how easily it is to be fooled by them all. As a gullible and pitifully oblivious person, I have probably fallen victim to fallacies since birth, though since most were given by my parents, it was not as though I had any choice in using proper rhetorical techniques to deflect them. Well, I could, but I like having my behind intact. Anywho, the chapter I read reminded me of how much I love rhetorical situations and proper arguing skills! On a completely random note, my teacher said that vodka was completely healthy and I should drink every day now. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment